19) The Promised Land, Bruce Springsteen: A great song when you’re pissed off or just feeling disenchanted.
18) Separate Ways, (Worlds Apart), Journey: That The OC worked this into an episode last year totally rocked. The video is also kick ass, in the most specialest 80s way possible.
17) Badlands, Bruce Springsteen: One of my most favoritest lines ever – “It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive.” Preach it, Bruce!
16) Lie in Our Graves, Dave Matthews Band: A song that will forever remind me of that sleep-deprived yet fantastic time of life known as college.
15) Hey Baby, Bruce Chanel: Ah, high school football games and Dirty Dancing. Killer combination.
14) You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feeling, The Righteous Brothers: Classic orchestration and awesome vocals, great for a singalong (as Jamie “Seamus” Amato and I did while trying to get through a stifling hot and waaaaaay boring college graduation ceremony) though I could do without the Top Gun reference.
13) Boys of Summer, Don Henley: Though I don't think I've heard this version in a long time because the Ataris one is always on, it's a song I've never gotten sick of, and even liked before I could associate the title with baseball.
12) Let’s Spend the Night Together, The Rolling Stones: Jaunty and naughty and downright honest and fun.
11) Hollywood Nights, Bob Seger: Bob Seger's a great storyteller who can also string together some music that always makes you want to be moving around in some way. This is probably the ultimate example of that.