Wednesday, December 08, 2004

KB's Top Hits, 29-20

29) Got to Be Real, Cheryl Lynn: Fun! Happy! Disco!

28 Town Called Malice, The Jam: I found this song through the movie Billy Elliot, and it's great to listen to when you're listless or pissed off.

27) Ain't That a Kick in the Head, Dean Martin: Just because I like the line "Like a sailor said quote 'ain't that a hole in a boat.' What does that mean, exactly? Ah, it rhymes and it's fun.

26) In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel: Swoon! And it doesn't even have to be played by a guy standing outside your window with a boombox for full effect, especially since your across-the-street, bored busybody neighbors would call the cops on him anyway.

25) Mandolin Rain, Bruce Hornsby: The perfect chill song, and the piano in it just kills me.

24) Rosalita, Bruce Springsteen: You know you are from New Jersey when you know all the words to this epic.

23) Alice’s Restaurant, Arlo Guthrie: Not so much a song as a monologue, but I credit this as one of the big infulences on my writing -- funny storytelling at it's finest.

22) One for My Baby, Frank Sinatra: Because we've all been there. OK, maybe not sitting in a gloomy bar trying to drink someone off your mind with some dude randomly tickling the ivories in melancholy fashion, but certainly feeling that way.

21)Endless Summer Nights, Richard Marx: Shut up. You know you like it too.

20) I Want You to Want Me, Cheap Trick: The live version, of course, and it's the classic singing-along-while-driving-and-getting-pissed-when-you-come-to-a-red-light-because-you-don't-want-to-have-to-stop song.

5 comments:

June said...

re: in your eyes, my friend (male, of course) always grumbles when women swoon/rhapsodize over that scene... "you SAY you love it, but if someone really did that to you, you'd call the police! THAT'S CALLED STALKING!"

Yankeebob said...

Dean Martin is my all time favorite vocalist! No one has ever been that smooth.

I know all the words to Rosalita. Can I be an honorary New Jerseyian? (Nope, I don't know how to spell that.) Actually, I think I know all the words to all of Bruce's songs.

Sadly, I don't even remember 'Endless Summer Nights.'

Karen said...

June -- It can't be considered stalking if it's a guy you like! Diane Court really did have feelings for Lloyd then, she was just being manipulated by her stupid dad, gosh darn it. Though if it was some guy you weren't interested in, yeah, that would be lots of awkward.

Yankeebob -- Dean Martin's the man. He seemed so mellow and like the only memeber of the Rat Pack I'd want to be friends with (he seemed the least scandalous, and I love Sinatra. And of course you can be an honorary Jerseyian -- Bruce would totally approve of that!

lupe_velez said...

senorita, come stand by my fire!

Karen said...

Windows are for cheaters chimneys for the poor
Closets are for hangers winners use the door!